How to upload photos to a listing
Listing input rights are not required to upload photos, map the property or input open house information. You must be Listing Agent #1, office Admin or the Broker in order to perform any of these tasks. Matrix allows for up to 50 photos.
Matrix offers the opportunity to upload photos prior to making the listing live in the MLS. Once the listing information has been entered, it must be saved as “Incomplete” in order to generate an MLS #. Once that occurs, click Add/Edit Photos to begin. Users without listing input rights cannot edit incomplete listings, therefore you must have listing input rights to perform this task.
If the listing has already been submitted and is live on the MLS, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Input tab.
- Choose the listing from the Quick Modify drop down menu.
- From the Modify Listing screen, click Manage Photos. Note: This is also where you would go to enter an open house, remap your property location, input virtual tours, or change the listing information.
- From the Add/Edit Photos screen, click the Browse button to browse for the saved photos. To select multiple photos, hold down the Ctrl key when clicking on the photos. Click Open to finish. Note: Photos should be a minimum size of 1024 x 768. If a photo is smaller than the preferred size, it will be highlighted in red. You may want to consider not using that photo, however Matrix will not prevent you from uploading it.
- To re-order the photos once uploaded, click on the gray header of each photo and drag it to the desired location.
- Click on each image to rotate the photo and/or enter a description, if needed. To enter a description, click the link under the photo labeled Enter description. The system allows for 300 characters for each photos. Click Done when complete. Repeat for each photo, as needed.
- If you wish to delete a photo, check the box by the photo and click the button labeled Delete Checked.
- Click Save to finish.
For more information about listing photos, please see the following Ask REIN questions: