Creating a Transaction in Instanet
There are 3 main ways to create a transaction:
- From a listing, click the Transaction Desk icon to prompt the Create Transaction pop-up window. This is most helpful when writing an offer on this property.
- On the Agent Dashboard screen, click the blue Create Transaction widget. You may have to locate this widget from your dropdown to add it to your dashboard.
- On the Transaction Desk screen, click the Add button located at the top, right of the screen.
1. Whichever option selected from above, in the Create Transaction pop-up window that appears, fill in the appropriate information.
- Transaction Name: It is recommended to name listing transactions the property address and sales transactions the client’s name.
- Template & Type: Choose a template from the drop-down menu, if needed and available. Templates must be created prior to creating the transaction. Choose the Type of transaction that best fits.
- Import Data: This feature can be used to import property information from Realist Tax or from the MLS system. For Realist, you will need the Tax ID number. When choosing REIN, type in the MLS Number. Please note, importing data from a listing will also import the documents from that listing. This is especially important to remember if you are relisting a property.
- Add me as the: It is important to choose your role in the transaction. This will also place your information as well as your broker’s information in the correct places within your transaction.
- Use Wizard: Although optional, as the agent, it is recommended to leave the Use Wizard box checked as it guides you through steps of creating a transaction. The items entered during the steps of the Wizard will autofill throughout your transaction. Click Create when finished.
2. Wizard Step 1 of 5: Fill out the Details screen, if desired, then click Next. This acts as your transaction cover sheet.
3. Wizard Step 2 of 5: Add Transaction Dates, if desired, then click Next.
4. Wizard Step 3 of 5: Add Contacts by clicking on the Add button, then click Next.
5. Wizard Step 4 of 5: On the Forms screen, click Add to add the appropriate forms. Choose the correct folder, click the desired forms to select, and click Add when finished.
6. Wizard Step 5 of 5: On the final step of the Wizard, Documents, click the Add button to begin uploading. If your listing forms have not been filled out completely and signed, you may not have anything to upload. Click Done to finish.